HeroSmash Wiki - To-Do List

The place for discussion of anything wiki related.

HeroSmash Wiki - To-Do List

Postby WhiteTiger » 01 Feb 2012 01:51

As we all know, our HeroSmash Wiki hasn't been updated in awhile. Since there's just so much to do, I feel a list of our progress and what still needs to be done is necessary. If you want to help with this project, check what needs to be done (in orange) and view the guide in the next post.

Green: Completed
Orange: Next to be completed
Red: Please do not start yet

Content Pages:
  • Areas - Completed as of January 31, 2012. Most likely up to date, requires double checking.
  • Armors - Completed as of February 25, 2012. Most likely up to date.
  • Capes & Back Items - Completed as of February 1, 2012. Most likely up to date.
  • Facial Markings - Completed as of February 1, 2012. Most likely up to date.
  • Gloves - Completed as of February 1, 2012. Most likely up to date.
  • Hairstyles - Completed as of February 1, 2012. Most likely up to date.
  • Helms & Masks - Completed as of February 2, 2012. Most likely up to date.
  • Misc. Items- Completed as of February 2, 2012. Most likely up to date.
  • Missions - Currently updating as of February 2, 2012.
  • Monsters - Updated as of August(?) 2011. Most likely requires updating.
  • NPCs - Updated as of August(?) 2011. Most likely requires updating.
  • Powers - Updated as of May(?) 2011. Please do not start yet; do not use existing template.
  • Shops - Updated as of August(?) 2011. Most likely requires updating.
  • Weapons - Updated as of August(?) 2011. Please do not start yet; do not use existing template.

Other:
  • Release log needs updating to date. (Completed February 25, 2012)
  • Some images require uploading.
  • Some previously made pages need fixing/updating.
  • Images for different versions/rooms of an area.
  • Some guides needs fixing/updating.
  • Some templates need making/fixing.

Current Contributors:
  • WhiteTiger - I will probably work this week as I have some days off from classes after exams. Then, I will realistically have to resume in July/August of this year.
  • Extreme speed
WhiteTiger
Sysop

Re: HeroSmash Wiki - To-Do List

Postby WhiteTiger » 01 Feb 2012 01:51

Guide to Contributing

First, check the list of what currently needs to be done (in orange). Be sure to post your progress on what you are currently doing.

When creating pages, please use the correct template for each category. Fill in the template properly and check if your formatting matches other pages in the same category created by me (White Tiger) or Extreme speed. Check your spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.. and make sure you put the item in the correct category (ex. confusing a helm as a hairstyle).

If something is rare, be sure to tag it properly, along with using mini rare tags for shops and areas. Do not start on pages that are marked red on the lists.

To obtain the information for the page(s), you should use information in-game and/or the information on the other HS Wiki, keeping in mind that you should favour information currently in-game rather than elsewhere.

Images must be originally saved and uploaded in .PNG format (not .JPG/JPEG) and taken on the high quality setting in-game. We would prefer if you cropped the image to the nearest 5th pixel (293x306 would be 295x305) and if you left a few pixels of blank space between the edge of the item to the edge of the image. Some images may have a specified crop size (ex. armors are usually 125x215) although if the item exceeds the usual crop size, stick with the nearest 5th pixel.

For area images, close the chat log, make sure you are the only one in the room and crop the entire HS game window of the first room. For item images, if any text appears on the item, it is fine and just crop the image like you normally would, disregarding any overlapping text. Do not edit the images.

Also, we would prefer if you did not use images from the other HS Wiki and would rather you take and upload your own images. For rare items that you do not own and are no longer in game, simply use "ImageNeeded.png".

Failure to comply to these guidelines may result in your page being deleted. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here.
WhiteTiger
Sysop

Postby Extreme speed » 01 Feb 2012 22:52

You can reads me to the contributors list :D
Extreme speed
Sysop

Postby WhiteTiger » 02 Feb 2012 02:57

Added. :D Also, I've updated Armors and Capes & Back Items today.

EDIT: Facial Markings also updated.

EDIT2: Gloves also updated.

EDIT3: Hairstyles also updated. Quite a progressive day :D
WhiteTiger
Sysop

Postby Extreme speed » 02 Feb 2012 09:11

I'll get started on the weekend. School starting on Friday
Extreme speed
Sysop

Postby WhiteTiger » 03 Feb 2012 03:11

Cool, school semester 2 starts up for me on Friday too. I've completed Helms & Masks and Misc. Items today, along with some missions, which I'll probably continue on the weekend. Tomorrow, I'll probably just update the release log and the new release when it's out.
WhiteTiger
Sysop

Postby Ashari » 03 Feb 2012 06:07

Just to add, if you need images or info of any rare items in HeroSmash, please drop me a PM and I'll get them for you as soon as possible.
Ashari
Sysop

Postby dinieland » 17 Feb 2012 09:51

So sad cause there are no improvements on that wiki. why?
dinieland

Postby WhiteTiger » 17 Feb 2012 21:39

dinieland wrote:So sad cause there are no improvements on that wiki. why?

We're still working on it when our schedules permit. I haven't had much free time the past week or so, but I might be able to continue for a couple of hours on Monday (Family Day).
WhiteTiger
Sysop

Return to Wiki Talk