AQ3D

Here you can discuss life the universe and everything.

AQ3D

Postby Al Gilman » 02 Jan 2012 15:00

http://aq3d.artix.com/

The suspense...

New Game - 3D MMO
Who wants a 3D game??? *Raises hand*
For the past few months, Minimal and Zhoom have been experimenting with a lot of crazy 3D stuff. Now wait... I know what you are thinking: 3 years ago I posted on the forums that Zhoom and Minimal were playing around with multi-player technology and announced that we were going to make our first MMO. So you are probably thinking that I am going to announce that we are going to make our first 3D MMO. <…awkward silence…> Then congratulations, you are right!

We are going to create a fantasy MMO that is in 3D that will run blazingly fast aimed at our older players. I mean, think about it... If you were 13 when the original AdventureQuest launched, you are now 22 years old. So, we are going to incorporate more danger, heroic and older-looking characters (similar to DragonFable characters), a more advanced combat system, and a huge crafting system. And for the first time, this game is going to take place on a whole new world with all new characters. If you liked Star Wars: The Old Republic or Skyrim, you are really going to like what we are up to. Which brings us to the most important part of this project: I feel that we lost the old way where we made games side-by-side. So, we are going to upgrade the forums and build a new development blog. The creation of this new game will feel a lot like the creation of DragonFable. I hope you are as excited about this 3D project!

Secret: ...you probably already guessed this, but your AQWorlds/HeroSmash membership will allow you participate in the beta of this new game. We expect the Beta to begin in the summer!

Source:http://www.artix.com/team/artix/newyears2012.asp
Al Gilman
Site Admin

Re: AQ3D

Postby Nafets » 02 Jan 2012 16:10

Now this is very interesting.
Nafets
Sysop

Postby Worse Doughnut » 02 Jan 2012 16:22

*groan* Well, now I have 1 more wiki tolook after :l (kidding)

In all honesty,I'm more looking forward to seeing what AE will be able to do in a 3D game, after so many years of perfecting 2D games.

Just a thought though. Anyone else think that it'll most likely be a downloadable game though? I mean, other than the annoying Unity Web Player, a Java applet, or whatever it is Dark Orbit uses to run their game, the option for an in-browser/no-download 3D game are very limited.

But, having a downloadable game also seems like it would reduce the chances of crashes from client-side lag caused by the browser itself.

So yeah, anyone else got any thoughts about this?
Worse Doughnut
Sysop

Postby Isa » 02 Jan 2012 17:12

As I said before, the idea of 3D is a stupid idea.
They always have terrible in game graphix and waste way to much time on art...
Isa
Sysop

Postby DeathKnight » 02 Jan 2012 17:34

Worse Doughnut wrote:*groan* Well, now I have 1 more wiki tolook after :l (kidding)

In all honesty,I'm more looking forward to seeing what AE will be able to do in a 3D game, after so many years of perfecting 2D games.

Just a thought though. Anyone else think that it'll most likely be a downloadable game though? I mean, other than the annoying Unity Web Player, a Java applet, or whatever it is Dark Orbit uses to run their game, the option for an in-browser/no-download 3D game are very limited.

But, having a downloadable game also seems like it would reduce the chances of crashes from client-side lag caused by the browser itself.

So yeah, anyone else got any thoughts about this?

Forgot about the Unreal 3 that runs in flash now. Browser-based game is entirely possible.
DeathKnight

Location: Livin' it up at the Hotel California (Get me outta here!)

Postby Worse Doughnut » 02 Jan 2012 17:46

DeathKnight wrote:Forgot about the Unreal 3 that runs in flash now. Browser-based game is entirely possible.

Yeah, just read that same thing on the AEF thread about this. Just hope it doesn't lag itself to death...
Worse Doughnut
Sysop

Postby DeathKnight » 02 Jan 2012 17:50

Graphics at least as good as Republic Commando shouldn't cause much lag. Just need to invest in better servers. DF-like characters with seriousness in 3D. Rated M?
DeathKnight

Postby Isa » 02 Jan 2012 17:54

DeathKnight wrote:Graphics at least as good as Republic Commando shouldn't cause much lag. Just need to invest in better servers. DF-like characters with seriousness in 3D. Rated M?

Well he did say most people from the begging are 22 o.O
Isa
Sysop

Postby DeathKnight » 02 Jan 2012 17:56

They should really just re-write DF and make it 3D instead a new game. Waste of resources making a new one.
DeathKnight

Postby Isa » 02 Jan 2012 18:12

I dunno, I think all the hardcore DFers would have a fit.
Isa
Sysop

Next

Return to General Talk