Pull MQ Wiki?

The place for discussion of anything wiki related.

Re: Pull MQ Wiki?

Postby Isa » 27 Jul 2011 16:38

Worse Doughnut wrote:Well, I'm all for keeping it up. The matter if fact is; if it's there, someone will use it. And that's all that matters.

Yes, but al also has to pay to keep the domain name so whats the point in it if only a couple thousand people view it, MQ is doomed unless thousands of usefull edits are made and people use it.
AE really has given up espically when they dont even have a wiki for it.
Isa
Sysop

Postby DeathKnight » 27 Jul 2011 16:59

Mezkiel wrote:Yes, but al also has to pay to keep the domain name so whats the point in it if only a couple thousand people view it, MQ is doomed unless thousands of usefull edits are made and people use it. AE really has given up espically when they dont even have a wiki for it.

They may not have a wiki, but the Encyclopedia board on the AEF is a treasure-trove of information.
DeathKnight

Location: Livin' it up at the Hotel California (Get me outta here!)

Postby Isa » 27 Jul 2011 19:07

DeathKnight wrote:They may not have a wiki, but the Encyclopedia board on the AEF is a treasure-trove of information.

Fair enough but still, a subcategory on a forum is pathetic compared to the wikis that the other games receive.

The problem with Mechquest is you have to be really high level before you can really enjoy the game and (relatively) no one bothers to really put some effort into, which ruins the rest of the factors.
Isa
Sysop

Postby DeathKnight » 27 Jul 2011 19:41

I don't know about that second part. My Sepulchure 1000 was unbelievably overpowered, so I enjoyed it rather early. Shame that series got nerfed :(

Anyway, the subforum is a more complete information source, which is what our profession is.
DeathKnight

Location: Livin' it up at the Hotel California (Get me outta here!)

Postby Isa » 27 Jul 2011 20:03

DeathKnight wrote:I don't know about that second part. My Sepulchure 1000 was unbelievably overpowered, so I enjoyed it rather early.

Mhm, but the majority of players don't pay.
Isa
Sysop

Postby Al Gilman » 27 Jul 2011 20:49

I think MQ wikis popularity is proportional to that of the game. I do not think it needs to be shut down because it is not popular.
Al Gilman
Site Admin

Postby The Doctor » 27 Jul 2011 21:19

Al Gilman wrote:I think MQ wikis popularity is proportional to that of the game. I do not think it needs to be shut down because it is not popular.

In that case, perhaps we should assign some SysOps to moderate it.
Right now, it's out of hand.
The Doctor
Sysop

Previous

Return to Wiki Talk