Hacking Fail

Pets, capes, and more here in the AQWorlds discussion forum!

Hacking Fail

Postby Worse Doughnut » 11 Jul 2011 23:05

Just saw this on the DN's, and i felt it was kind of note worthy enough to bring up.

Cysero wrote:One Friday when the 3 and 15 month member bonus items went live there was an exploit that allowed hackers to access the shop for about five minutes before we fixed it. In that very small window 138 cheaters grabbed the Chaos Shaper class or some of the other member rewards without having supported the game like the rest of you guys.

We catch and ban hackers, cheaters and scammers every day to try and keep the game as safe and fun as possible for the rest of our real players, and sometimes it takes us a long time to gather enough evidence to ban someone but when it's something like THIS, where we can very clearly and eaisly see that they have something cheated to get... well, they're just asking for it.

So those 138 people had their stolen items taken from them.

They also all ALL of their other items taken from them, as well as all of their gold.

The next time they log in they will see that they have No Class & the Default Sword equipped, and they will find a note in the backpack letting them know that stealing is wrong and that there are consequences to their actions.

The moral of all this? Dont Hack, as evidenced by what happened to the accounts mentioned above, its clearly not worth it....
Worse Doughnut
Sysop

Re: Hacking Fail

Postby Isa » 12 Jul 2011 16:21

You would have thought people would have learnt there lesson from the Chronomancer hacking failure of '10...
Some people never learn. :|
Isa
Sysop

Postby Worse Doughnut » 12 Jul 2011 16:34

Well true, but the people who hacked for Chronomancer didn't lose all their items, they only lost all their badges. Plus, they could get their badges back if they paid the amount that the calender cost, these guys are screwed permanently.
Worse Doughnut
Sysop

Postby Isa » 12 Jul 2011 21:16

Worse Doughnut wrote:Well true, but the people who hacked for Chronomancer didn't lose all their items, they only lost all their badges. Plus, they could get their badges back if they paid the amount that the calender cost, these guys are screwed permanently.

Even still from that its obvious that AE can tell who bought stuff and they aren't gonna like it if you hacking for example they set up a shop with +100 enhancements (fake just marked your account) and all the people that bought it got banned.
These guys can be clever when they want to be.
Isa
Sysop

Postby UnityDestroyer » 27 Jul 2011 09:26

if you hacking

Seriously...
UnityDestroyer

Postby Ice Slayer » 04 Aug 2011 01:45

Very true...
Ice Slayer

Postby theiloc » 22 Sep 2011 10:37

Mezkiel wrote:
Worse Doughnut wrote:Well true, but the people who hacked for Chronomancer didn't lose all their items, they only lost all their badges. Plus, they could get their badges back if they paid the amount that the calender cost, these guys are screwed permanently.

Even still from that its obvious that AE can tell who bought stuff and they aren't gonna like it if you hacking for example they set up a shop with +100 enhancements (fake just marked your account) and all the people that bought it got banned.
These guys can be clever when they want to be.

They didnt setup a shop, there was an exploit then let you get your item to level 100 basically a packet but a spy leaked a method to AE for personal gain
theiloc

Postby Isa » 22 Sep 2011 15:52

A spy?
Lol...
Isa
Sysop

Postby DeathKnight » 22 Sep 2011 20:07

Not in th' literal sense. These "spies" go t' th' hackin' sites an' report them t' AE. I did 't a wee times, myself, but nay rewards, so I stopped. Good riddance t' them. Waste o' me $60 an' a week.
DeathKnight

Location: Livin' it up at the Hotel California (Get me outta here!)

Postby Ultima The God » 12 Nov 2011 16:09

The AQWorlds staff is crazy. Don't they know that when they take their hard earned items the people quit? That's why only like 15,000-30,000 play everyday. Because all their hard earned crap is token or its to hard to earn or its member crap or to many acs. P.S. They should lower their price range for membership/ACs I can get like better runescape membership. Runescape has a lot more stuff than aqworlds does. Even though AQWorlds has been only running for like 3 years, Runescape had much more stuff than aqworlds did when it was running for 3 years. Note to AQWorlds Staff:Make your maps much bigger. Your maps are just embarrassing you. Oh and try to make the map all in one... I dont like running through stupid little arrows to get to the next area.
Ultima The God

Next

Return to AQWorlds